Sometimes people underestimate the importance of buying a quality key finder. Losing your keys is certainly frustrating and time consuming and a key finder...that actually works...will save you a lot of time and aggravation. But it's about a lot more than that.
FOFA Key Finder Technology
|Nothing compares to a FOFA Key Finder!
- Have you ever been late for or missed an appointment because you couldn't find your keys?
- How many times could a key finder have prevented you form being late for work? That's especially important in these tough economic times when the last thing you want to do is call any negative attention to yourself and being late just one time is one time too many.
- Do yo really want your kids standing alone after soccer practice or a school event because you're late picking them up because you couldn't find your keys?
A good key finder is important because no matter how organized your are you know there are times when you misplace your keys and, as a fellow believer in Murphy's Law, you know it happens at the worst possible time. I recommend the FOFA Key Finder as the best key finder on the market. The FOFA Key Finder has unique capabilities no other key finder can match that help you find your lost keys quicker and more reliably than any other key finder and at an very affordable price.
I'll prove my point by examining different types of key finders pointing out the advantages and disadvantages of each...
#1 2-Way RF Wireless Key Finder that Finds Other Items with XD Proximity Detect
This is the state-of-the-art in practical, affordable key finder. Here's why...
- Each Find One Find All (or FOFA) Key Finder specifically finds up to 35 additional FOFA Key Finders in the same system without requiring a base station. If press the number corresponding to the specific item you're looking for and only that items rings.
- Each FOFA is completely programmable so you can assign any number to any FOFA Key Finder.
- The FOFA uses 2-way RF communications so that when the item you're looking for senses the signal from the key finder you're holding which does three things...
- Initiates a loud 94 dB alarm making it east to hear and locate.
- Activates a red blinking LED light so it easy for hearing impaired people to find it.
- It's 2-way wireless communication called XD Proximity Detect to send a signal back to the FOFA Key Finder you're holding "telling it" that it has been found. This causes the red LED to flash and a warbling alarm to sound from the FOFA Key Finder you're holding. But there's more...
The closer you are the faster it blinks. So you know you're close as you approach the closet or clothes hamper...or wherever your keys are hiding. The is the only key finder with this feature.
A FOFA Key Finder you can find keys buried under sofa cushions, heavy coat pockets or laundry piles. Is it as good at finding items buried as the RF Key Finder with a Base Station with a Direction Pointer mentioned earlier? Well no if you consider just finding buried keys in your house. But since FOFA Key Finders don't a base station you can find keys this way wherever you go. The FOFA is 10 times less expensive. And batteries last several times longer.
- The FOFA Key Finder is available in three styles that are easier to attach to certain objects. All key finder styles talk to each other and are set up and programmed the same simple way.
- Key Chain Key Finder
- Flat Key Finder that's as small and just slightly thicker than a credit card that makes it a perfect wallet finder and easier to attach to thinks like your TV remote control.
- Glasses Finder that attached to your reading glasses or sun glasses with a convenient lanyard.
|The different key finder styles just give you a lot more flexibility to attach your key finders to different shaped objects. What other key finder is there that is almost as flat as a credit card and fits in a credit card slot in your wallet? None! I actually have it pulled out a little so you can see it better.
Key Finder Size
Some competitors boast that their key finder is smaller than the FOFA Key Finder. The FOFA is deliberately designed to be the size that it is to balance convenience and space with the ability to easily operate the numeric keys. The Numeric keys are what enable you to have up to 36 items in your FOFA Key Finder system. Who would want to give that up? Furthermore FOFA Key Finders are small and lightweight as you can see in the pictures above.
Considerations Regarding the FOFA's Ringer Volume and Detection Range
The FOFA Key Finder will locate other FOFA Key Finders up to 30 ft. away. As I mentioned earlier there are RF Key Finders that can locate keys further away. The FOFA's audible alarm is a loud 94 dB. There are key finders that are louder. But consider the way you can expect to actually use your key finder. 99.99% of the time it'll be in your house, office, hotel room or someplace where 30 ft. is a long distance especially considering that it works through walls and ceilings. Unless the item is buried you'll clearly hear 94 dB. If it is buried it doesn't matter how loud the key finder is. But you'll always be able to locate it with your FOFA.
And one last comment about distance and volume. The louder the alarm and the further the transmission distance the greater the power consumption and the shorter the battery life. The FOFA manufacturer could make it louder. They could increase the detection range and in fact tuned it back in prototype testing. The FOFA is engineered to function at this volume and distance in an attempt to balance performance with battery life. Now having said that if you lose your keys while hiking through the woods and you're backtracking looking for them you'd be glad for all the volume and detection distance you could possibly have. But then you give up all the advantages that the FOFA offers over competing key finders in situations you are most likely to encounter.
The FOFA Key Finder is clearly the best choice considering effectiveness, features and price. That's why I have yet to read a single independent key finder comparison test where the FOFA Key Finder has not come in first place.